Spanish Omelette with Cinco Jotas jamonCasa Manolo
- 120 g peeled potatoes, cut in thin slices
- 60 g white onion, cut in thin slices
- a pinch of salt
- 2 fresh eggs
- 100 ml olive oil
- 15 g Cinco Jotas iberian ham
- Heat olive oil in a pan at medium heat.
- Add in onions and potatoes, ensuring the olive oil covers all the ingredients.
- Reduce to a low heat and fry until potatoes are very soft, stirring about every 5 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a round container.
- Take the potatoes and onions out of the pan, and remove excess olive oil.
- Mix all the ingredients together and add salt.
- Pour a pinch of olive oil onto a small, non-stick pan (approx. 10 cm diameter) and allow to heat up to medium-high.
- When hot, pour the mixture in the pan and leave it to cook for approx. 5 minutes.
- Put a flat plate on top of the pan, place your hand on top, and turn the pan over onto the other side.
- Transfer the tortilla again to the pan and allow to cook on the other side for another 5 minutes (or a few minutes more for well done).
- When ready, place the strips of Iberian ham on top and enjoy!